The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sound recorder

LJL

Yeah, I ordered one of these from Amazon.com a week or so ago. They have not yet shipped, because they are not showing stocking until Sept. 8, 2010, but some are available at other places. This looks like an incredible little device, and I plan to use it for capturing background tracks for slideshows, as well as stereo audio on DSLR video capture with a 7D. A colleague bought the Zoom H2 and loves it. Does no know how he got along without it before for excellent sound recording. (The H1 is really small, and runs on a single AA battery for many hours. The H2 is bigger, but can record effective surround sound that is astounding for such a small device.

Cannot wait until it arrives. Many uses planned already.

LJ

T.Karma

How about handling noise? This looks like it can be used only on the tripod. On top of the camera, I guess handling noise will be transmitted?

saxshooter

Looks like a nice little kit it comes with. Does anyone know if the tripod screw on the bottom is metal or plastic?