The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Good Screw-in Hood...

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
I got one of the eBay (HeavyStar) hoods for my Canon 50/0.95. It takes a 72mm. Got one from them and I'm very impressed at this US$7.95 hood. This is a very good deal considering collectors are now paying 450+ for the original Canon hood.

I think Guy had said how nice these were and I concur.

I like the fact it's screw in. Just put the IR cut filter on screw the hood on and forget it. Do need to figure out a cap for this 72mm monster but it has a 77mm OD. So, I should be able to find one or make one.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Thanks John i use them on my 21, 28 , 24, when I had it and just bought one for my 90 summrit.

But i need one now for my 18mm Zeiss I changed the filter size from a 58 orginal and bumped it too58 to 60 stepup and 60mm IR filter and now it looks more normal looking so trying to find a wide angle 60mm thread screw in, heavystar does not have one. Any ideas folks would be great.I'm thinking of buying a 60mm filter ring and maybe two at that and use them