Site Sponsors

Thread: How do I use a Rotatrim M24?

Post Thanks / Like

How do I use a Rotatrim M24?

Very embarrassing situation. I bought a used Rotatrim M24 some time back at a very good price. Never having needed it until now, I find that I can't figure out how to get the cutting head to move from the left side, where it is locked into place, over to the right side for use.

Please help.

Feel free to poke fun at me.

Edit: Never mind. I found the problem. The head of the tiny screw that holds down the left side of the plastic guide has raised up a tiny bit; the housing of the cutting blade strikes the edge of the screw and is prevented from moving further. I'll figure out some way to get the screw flattened or removed.

Second edit: It works perfectly now.
    Last edited by tom in mpls; 26th April 2011 at 18:38.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: How do I use a Rotatrim M24?

Tom,

Tip: You might want to try removing the plastic cover protection strip altogether and see how you like it. I found it could scuff the surface of delicate papers. This also makes it easier to cut 2 or 3 sheets at a time if you are re-sizing for a special project.
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: How do I use a Rotatrim M24?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flesher View Post
    Tom,

Tip: You might want to try removing the plastic cover protection strip altogether and see how you like it. I found it could scuff the surface of delicate papers. This also makes it easier to cut 2 or 3 sheets at a time if you are re-sizing for a special project.

+1 on this tip from Jack.