The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How do I use a Rotatrim M24?

tom in mpls

Very embarrassing situation. I bought a used Rotatrim M24 some time back at a very good price. Never having needed it until now, I find that I can't figure out how to get the cutting head to move from the left side, where it is locked into place, over to the right side for use.

Please help.

Feel free to poke fun at me.

Edit: Never mind. I found the problem. The head of the tiny screw that holds down the left side of the plastic guide has raised up a tiny bit; the housing of the cutting blade strikes the edge of the screw and is prevented from moving further. I'll figure out some way to get the screw flattened or removed.

Second edit: It works perfectly now.

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Tom,

Tip: You might want to try removing the plastic cover protection strip altogether and see how you like it. I found it could scuff the surface of delicate papers. This also makes it easier to cut 2 or 3 sheets at a time if you are re-sizing for a special project.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Tom,

Tip: You might want to try removing the plastic cover protection strip altogether and see how you like it. I found it could scuff the surface of delicate papers. This also makes it easier to cut 2 or 3 sheets at a time if you are re-sizing for a special project.

+1 on this tip from Jack.