The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Two-in-one tripod+monopod?

lowep

Can anybody recommend a good very solid tripod that includes a monopod?

Or is this like trying to cross a football boot with a pair of high heels?

So far I have found this Benro Travel Angel transformer but am not sure if it can take as much punishment in the field as a classic Manfrotto or Gitzo system.:deadhorse:

Last edited:

carl-b

I did post a reply this morning - but got a message saying it was awaiting approval. I guess that is because i put 2 links to giottos tripods?
Any way, apart fro the one you have found. Giottos make a couple called vitruvian. Might be worth a look if you have a stockist in denmark?

lowep

Thanks for the pointer Carl. This Vitruvian looks very similar to the Benro with "some good points, but..." as indicated in this user review

carl-b

Yes when i saw the Benro version, i thought it looked very similar aswell. Do you have any local stockists who have or can either in for you to have a play with? to see if they are what you want? :)

lowep

not where I am - so maybe better with separate monopod and tripod even though little heavier (also on the wallet).