The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Looking for follow focus accessory - help needed

Stefan Steib

@Graham

it looks pretty solid, the others are not to cute looking and the system seems to be easy to operate. Depends on the price though.

@ Don

tell me the company who makes this for Oil filters and I buy it. ;-))

Regards
Stefan

Don Libby

@Graham

it looks pretty solid, the others are not to cute looking and the system seems to be easy to operate. Depends on the price though.

@ Don

tell me the company who makes this for Oil filters and I buy it. ;-))

Regards
Stefan
Stefan - it was a quick reaction to the image while waiting for the coffee to kick in. But it still reminds me of an oil filter wrench - just saying.....

Don

Thierry

Stefan

There is a follow-focus accessory from Alpa, here:

ALPA HPF focusing knobs for HPF rings

When used together with the HPF rings these knobs are a much more "elegant" and very precise way to do it. Above are represented the new "knobs".

And there is even another solution, when one needs it to be longer, it's to use the "Shift Scale Stick "X" for ALPA 12 XY (horizontal) or ALPA 12 MAX (vertical), here:

Shift scale stick "X" for ALPA 12 XY / ALPA 12 MAX

Best regards
Thierry

Stefan Steib

Hi Thierry

these look similar like the ones we make for our Superrotators, we also have them in 4 lenghts. Problem is only I don´t have drilled holes in my other lenses and I want something I can put on about any lens without a need of an adapter ring. Also it´s not long enough. Mostly not because of the transmission gearing , but because of the ergonomics if you focus pull from a video fluid damped head (have an old Manfrotto, not optimum but does what I want) so I can focus from below the camera with one finger to be most sensible.
I don´t like Rigs, we also do a geared follow focus for the superrotators (HFocus) but for most other lenses I need something simple yet efficient.

And I guess this could be this item, Price estimated maybe 20-30 $ max ?

regards
Stefan