The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Monitor calibration

pesto

I am trying to decide which among the moderately priced monitor calibrating devices to purchase. Does anyone here have any strong feelings one way or the other. I have read about the various Pantone products and the Spyder 3 and have no idea if one of these is preferable to the others or if indeed there are others that I should consider . I will be calibrating an iMac 27" and macBook Pro 17".

Thanks for your thoughts

Last edited:

weinschela

Subscriber Member
Whatever you buy make sure it can calibrate a led imac screen. When I got my imac 27 I found the Spyder2 I was using was not capable of calibrating led screens. I ended up with a ColorMunki but that is an expensive solution. That was 2 years ago. Just don't waste your money on something that will not work. Maybe someone here can report on calibrators other than ColorMunki.

PeterL

I've used the Colormunki Photo on a 15" MBP with very good results as well. It is a bit more expensive, but has the advantage of also being able to calibrate your printer. With this setup, I now get prints that look exactly as I see them on the MBP.