Site Sponsors

Thread: Monitor calibration

Post Thanks / Like

Monitor calibration

I am trying to decide which among the moderately priced monitor calibrating devices to purchase. Does anyone here have any strong feelings one way or the other. I have read about the various Pantone products and the Spyder 3 and have no idea if one of these is preferable to the others or if indeed there are others that I should consider . I will be calibrating an iMac 27" and macBook Pro 17".

Thanks for your thoughts
    Last edited by pesto; 6th September 2011 at 11:55. Reason: Mispelling

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Monitor calibration

Whatever you buy make sure it can calibrate a led imac screen. When I got my imac 27 I found the Spyder2 I was using was not capable of calibrating led screens. I ended up with a ColorMunki but that is an expensive solution. That was 2 years ago. Just don't waste your money on something that will not work. Maybe someone here can report on calibrators other than ColorMunki.
    Alan

Selection of work: http://weinschela.zenfolio.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Monitor calibration

I've used the Colormunki Photo on a 15" MBP with very good results as well. It is a bit more expensive, but has the advantage of also being able to calibrate your printer. With this setup, I now get prints that look exactly as I see them on the MBP.