Site Sponsors

Thread: Camera Bag for NEX kit + iPad2

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Camera Bag for NEX kit + iPad2

trying to locate a camera bag that will hold a small kit (NEX-7 + Zeiss 24mm, CV Nokon 35mm f/1.4 + mount adapter, charger, spare battery), my diabetic stuff (glucometer + pump controller) and my iPad 2. Messenger bag style preferred but I would like the iPad to be carried vertically instead of horizontally.

I want to keep the whole thing a small as possible so that I can still take it carry-on while travelling.

i am not opposed to using an insert.

Thanks for all the help!
    Carlos Echenique | Carlos Echenique Photography |Olympus OM-D E-M1 MK II | Olympus Pen-F - M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 25mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8, Rokinon 12mm f/2 NCS, M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Camera Bag for NEX kit + iPad2

Carlos,

Courierware make vertical as well as horizontal shoulder bags in various sizes. http://courierbags.com/objects/9.itml/icOid/9

They're nice people, and very good about customizing if there's something special you want. (They made me a bag with D-rings instead of a shoulder strap, so I could use an Op-Tech strap.)

Steve

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks Steve. I have sent them an email asking if what I want is possible and for how much. They look very promising!
    Carlos Echenique | Carlos Echenique Photography |Olympus OM-D E-M1 MK II | Olympus Pen-F - M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 25mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8, Rokinon 12mm f/2 NCS, M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

The Artist & Artisan "ACAM 7100", and the very similar Black Label Bag "Oskar's One Day Bag Mark II" available from PhotoVillage.com in NY, is a great bag for this kind of kit. They're similar in price.

I don't have a NEX, I have the Ricoh GXR, but they are similar in size. It fits a camera and two-three lenses, the iPad, and all the other junk I tend to carry about easily without being overly large or obtrusive.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Horizontal iPad placement but Rickshaw's iPad 2 bag will work with an insert. The insert needs to be pretty small. For me I would use a small camera wrap and a neoprene lens bag. Customize your color choices. Local SF company that is great to work with. I've done several custom bags with very funky fabrics that were tucked away in the back of their factory or that I purchased at the fabric store.

http://www.rickshawbags.com/bags/ipad-2-bag.html