Site Sponsors

Thread: deleting from autofill

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

deleting from autofill

i use entourage for my e-mail app. how do i delete entries from the autofill list? like misspelled addresses, etc.

tried to search the net for the answer, but highlighting, delete and shift-delete remove the entry from the field, but not from the list

thx

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: deleting from autofill

I don't use entourage anymore. But here's a couple ideas. Admittedly these are on a MAC so might be completely worthless.

If I input the name in question and then click/hold on the completed autofill address, I get a series of options including "edit address". If you're on a PC, you might try right click.

And, I'm pretty sure the autofill uses the address book at least in part, and if you can find the errant addy in the address book app, you can delete or edit it there. Beyond that, I can only suggest you see if there are any options in the preferences for entourage.

Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I just copied this from an article that googled up:

"If you want to remove that incorrect entry from the recently used list in Entourage 2008, create a new message and start typing the address you want to remove. When the pop-up menu of suggested addresses appears, select the incorrect one, hold down the Control key and click on the address. Choose the Add to Address Book from the menu to create a new contact.

Now that you’ve created a contact file with the incorrect address, select it, go to the Edit menu and choose Delete Contact. Once you delete the contact and discard the blank message you created, the entry should disappear from the Recent Addresses list. (If this is an address of someone you have begun to regularly correspond with, you can also just correct the information in the new contact file so you have right address in your address book.)

If you want to wipe out all the addresses on the entire Recent Addresses list, go to the Entourage menu and choose Preferences. On the left side of the Preferences box, under the Mail & News Preferences, click on the Compose line. On the right side of the Preferences box, in the Recent Addresses area, click on the Clear List button."

Post Thanks / Like

Or just switch to Mac mail. Simple andvworks. I used Entourage, then Outlook in Office 2011. Drove me crazy. I finally gave in and am using Mac mail (OS X 10.7.2)
    Alan

Selection of work: http://weinschela.zenfolio.com