The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Cool little site to compare camera sizes

I

idan

Thanks Terry for posting about it. My name is Idan and I'm the developer of Camerasize.com camera comparison tool. we've been working hard to make this new webapp visually engaging and easy to use.

We are waiting for your comments and suggestions in order to improve it even more. If anyone on getdpi.com have suggestions, please comment on this thread and I'll be visiting it on a daily basis to hear what you guys have to say and write everything down. I hope that most of your suggestions will find its way to the dev team and make it available for you in a short time.

Thanks in advance,

Idan
CameraSize.com dev team.

Diane B

Well I just tried it and found it quite nice to use. I think the info on spec comparison is very helpful.

I

idan

Thanks Diane for you feedback. Any suggestions and feedback are very important for us to understand how we can develop this site to be more user-friendly and help others with their buying decision, especially when purchasing products online. More updates are on the way, so stay tuned.

oh, if you enjoy it, please help us spread the word (just if you time to do so..),

Again, many thanks - Idan.

I

idan

Agree. The problem is that we don't we don't have the option to shoot photos of unavailable sides. I wish that good be done. Who knows, maybe in the future to come.

Thanks for your positive feedback Jorgen.

Ben Rubinstein

What is amazing is just how much that Nex 5N dwarfes EVERYTHING you put it in comparison including cameras with significantly smaller chips such as the Fuji X10 or interestingly the new Panasonic GX1. Putting it next to a 1DX was just fun for the soul, especially if one day you would like to not have to carry a big pro beast like that any more (not that I have my 1Ds3 still but I remember it well!). Such a tiny body with such a huge and incredible chip, touchscreen, top of the line EVF available, articulated screen, that camera still never ceases to amaze me!

Terry

To build something as small as the NEX 5 one of the biggest challenges is the user interface. As you lose button real estate you don't want to have a cramped tiny button layout so good design becomes paramount.

jonoslack

To build something as small as the NEX 5 one of the biggest challenges is the user interface. As you lose button real estate you don't want to have a cramped tiny button layout so good design becomes paramount.
I quite agree . . . and didn't they do well!