Site Sponsors

Thread: Step rings.

Post Thanks / Like

Step rings.

Not quite sure where to out this.

I am looking for a 40.5 to 67mm filter adapter for some view camera lenses. I already have rings to get me from 67mm to 77mm. But I am having a hard time with the 40.5 to 67. I see that Heliopan has one but bhphoto are out of stock and I am having a hard time finding another source.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Step rings.

It wouldn't be a stock item, and might take several weeks to get, but SKGrimes makes a slip on adapter that slips over the outside of the lens and can be made in whatever filter size you want: Slip-On Filter Adapters SKGrimes

I've got one that I use for the Schneider 35 and 47 Digitars, and recently ordered one for the 72 and 120. Though the Grimes website shows them in brass, they're made now in a black anodized version.

Post Thanks / Like

Stephen,

Thanks for the pointer.

Can you tell me if it is best to get one of these for each lens? I have 2 lenses that take 67mm inside thread, and 2 lenses that take a 40.5mm inside thread, I am guessing the outside circumference would be the same for those two pairs so technically I could get just 1 of each. But experience may tell you that they are not that easy to get on and off in which case 1 for each lens might make most sense.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

They just slide over the lens, and are held in place by friction between the lens barrel and an O-ring around the adapter. I originally had two, but sold one.

You can call Grimes if you have any questions.

Post Thanks / Like

I wrote to them earlier, but in the meantime I was curious about your experience. Thanks.