The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Shops for custom equipment manufacture?

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
What are some shops which make custom items for the photographic trade?

I'm still trying to find a place to make and mount an EF mount on my Contarex 250mm Sonnar.

I've had one suggestion, S.K. Grimes. Any one ever used them? Anyothers?

stephengilbert

John,

I've used SKGrimes for little things like filter adapters and lens caps. They've been prompt and done excellent work. Their website has an extensive list of fairly exotic things they've done. I believe that the company is no longer run by Mr. Grimes, but I've dealt with them since his departure and been happy.

Steve

johnastovall

Excellent Stephen, their website looked like they might be the people. I'll give them a call Monday.

Always good the hear from some one who has used a company.

johnastovall

I thought about it but hadn't. I need to drop him an email and also ask Kevin Li if he has any ideas about doing this sort of thing.

I think a couple of parts Contrarexs or bellows would provide a mounting rings to which an adapter could be attached. I'm also wanting to get a 21mm Contarex Biogon fixed with an M-mount.