The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

plustek opticfilm 120

jlm

Workshop Member
i have had this on order for a year or more. today was notified by adoramd it has shipped from their NJ warehouse to me in brooklyn.

will let you know what i think

jm

Godfrey

I gave up waiting in March and bought a Nikon Coolscan 9000. Very happy with it.

I'll be interested to hear your experiences with the Plustek.

G

jlm

Workshop Member
first quick try, an old 6x6 tri-x neg from 1975 or so

scanner is fast and quiet, i will need some time to get comfortable

jlm

Workshop Member
many of my old film strips are cut into 4 frames, good news is they will fit into the plustek holder; it will only see 3, but the extra frame does not need clipping off, as with the nikon

Godfrey

Looking good!

Luckily, most of my 6x6 were cut into 3s ages since. The few that were 4s I just cut in half .. Easier to handle two frames than one.

G

jlm

Workshop Member
silverfast is still a bit opaque:

not sure how to set focus, moving around the film strip is clunky. setting scan to optical resolution is recommended, but it is not happening yet; still a ways to go