The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New super fast raid storage from Pegasus

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I have the original 4tb running Raid 0 and it is fast as heck. This is going to be a rocket.

I may have to go to the new MBP retina at some point. I have a non retina cmbp right now

RVB

I have the original 4tb running Raid 0 and it is fast as heck. This is going to be a rocket.

I may have to go to the new MBP retina at some point. I have a non retina mbp right now
Guy you will love the retina screen, C1P7 looks superb on it.. latest MBP with haswell CPU has very good battery life and thunderbolt 2 ports,plus the new GPU (Nvidia GeForce GT 750M) should be a nice upgrade..

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Just picked up a new MBP. Jaw-droppingly good screen. As fast as a 2009 Mac Pro. Keeps my lap warm.

:thumbs:

Matt

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Your a lot of freaking help. You want me to get hit in the head with a baseball bat. Thanks bud, love you too.

Fact is I need to pull the trigger at some point from the classic. Question remains is this the model to jump on. Maxed out of course 2.6 with 1tb which is faster than the 512 gb flash drive by almost double the read/write speeds. Over 900 on the 1tb

Bryan Stephens

Workshop Member
I may have to go that route and go with the new pegasus, especially that my file sizes are going to be larger now on the IQ180. :grin:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Sorry, Guy :(

I didn't go maxed out. The 2.3/16/512 was enough! And I'm getting over 700 read/write speeds on the 512 SSD. Using an external disk array is a pain - I keep getting disconnects. For that reason, I wish I'd sprung for the 1TB.

And Bryan, nice to have an excuse like the 180 :p

Best,

Matt