The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Base model MBP "enough"

glocke12

I picked up the base model MPB as a replacement for my mid 2010 mbp (15" 2.53 ghz core duo i5, 500 gb HD).

the new one has the following specs
15-inch: 2.0GHz
with Retina display
Specifications
2.0GHz quad-core Intel Core i7
Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz
8GB 1600MHz memory
256GB PCIe-based flash storage1
Intel Iris Pro Graphics

My question is, will this be sufficient for photo editing needs? I run Photoshop, aperture, and capture 1.

I was fighting the urge to pull the trigger on the more expensive model that has the dedicated graphics processor, more ram (16 gb) and a larger HD (512 gb), but the price difference ($600.00) was rather significant.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Looks more than sufficient to me, except the HD capacity. I run a 2 year old MBA with a slower processor, 4GB RAM and 256GB SSD. Works fine with an external HDD for photos. I use a 1TB shock proof, water proof Buffalo HD-PZ for that (copied to stationary disks at 2 different locations every week).