The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Best bag for weddings/events

Rawfa

Marc, I have the smaller version, which I love...but I don't see my entire equipment fitting on the larger version you've posted. Plus, the access to all the equipment during a wedding would not be as fast as with a regular rolling case (like you stated above). I might just have come to terms with the fact there's a reason why people pay good money for these bags.

I may end up with a Tenba roadie II or a Think Tank Photo Airport TakeOff

Rawfa

Another option is the Lowepro Pro Runner x350 Rolling AW. It doesn´t have as many zippers as the Ape and it looks like it has easier access to everything (plus it´s almost the same price). My only complaint is that the zippers don´t have those holes for locks, so there is no way of locking the main compartment if you leave the bag unatented on a wedding or event.

Lowepro Pro Runner x350 Rolling AW Backpack LP36146 B&H Photo

David Schneider

I actually need to hire a wedding shooter come February for my daughter. Poor guy is going to have to deal with me and he ain't going to like that one bit. LOL

I'll make sure he has backup. ME
Guy.

I hired two photographers for my daughters wedding. Wedding was a couple of weeks ago. Each of them had done over 1,000 weddings so there isn't much they hadn't seen. The bit of rain we had for an outdoor wedding didn't bother them. Each had a somewhat different style so when my daughter designs her album (thankfully she's not bad in Photoshop) she'll have plenty of excellent images to work with. I was only allowed to use a camera for about 5 minutes and made the most of it! Got the image I wanted.