The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

No ' document and data ' tab on my iPad

rayyan

Need help please.

I have one Ipad2 running iOS 8.1

When I go to the iCloud screen, I see option tabs to turn on contacts, photos etc.

But NO ' DOCUMENT AND DATA ' option tab.

All my other apple device have this option and it is very important for me to sought this out.

I have searched many forums..without success.

Can anyone help please.

Thank you.

Godfrey

Need help please.

I have one Ipad2 running iOS 8.1

When I go to the iCloud screen, I see option tabs to turn on contacts, photos etc.

But NO ' DOCUMENT AND DATA ' option tab.

All my other apple device have this option and it is very important for me to sought this out.

I have searched many forums..without success.

Can anyone help please.

Thank you.
Starting with iOS 8 and OS X 10.10 Yosemite, iCloud's "Documents and Data" options are replaced by "iCloud Drive." You should see that option in the Setup > iCloud options.

Here are some informational links about iCloud Drive:

iCloud Drive feature page
http://www.apple.com/support/icloud/icloud-drive/

iCloud Drive FAQ
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT201104

Get Help using iCloud Drive
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6406

G

rayyan

Godfrey.

Thanks a lot mate. Thank you again.
Shall check this as soon I get home.

However, brings me another question...why does this option show on all our iPhones and later iPads plus the iCloud Drive option?

I have not yet updated my iMac to Yosemite...to much on it to risk...shall wait a little more.

I installed on my MacAir as a test. I am having issues that were not there previously.

Grateful sir. iOS is 8.1, but iCloud drive cannot be installed on iMac.

Godfrey

No idea how you could have both iCloud Drive and "Documents and Data" options simultaneously on a device configured with iOS 8.1. All of my iOS devices (iPad mini, iPad mini 3, two iPhone 4S.. )are now on 8.1 and only iCloud Drive is available. Similarly, all my Mac systems (iMac, MBA, MBP, and mini) are now configured with OS X Yosemite, so everything is working as the pages I sent you describe. I have had zero issues with Yosemite.

Sounds like you should get in touch with Apple Support and sort out your configuration problems.

G

Godfrey.

Thanks a lot mate. Thank you again.
Shall check this as soon I get home.

However, brings me another question...why does this option show on all our iPhones and later iPads plus the iCloud Drive option?

I have not yet updated my iMac to Yosemite...to much on it to risk...shall wait a little more.

I installed on my MacAir as a test. I am having issues that were not there previously.

Grateful sir. iOS is 8.1, but iCloud drive cannot be installed on iMac.

Terry

Once you choose iCloud Drive on iOS I believe that you need to have Yosemite on you computer to keep everything in sync. When I was using the Yosemite beta I was careful not to switch over to icloud drive on it until iOS 8 was available because there were warnings about that.

rayyan

Thanks Terry for the suggestions.

I have updated to iCloud on iOS 8.1, but have not yet installed Yosemite on my iMac.

I shall continue to use Dropbox for now..

Best regards.

Once you choose iCloud Drive on iOS I believe that you need to have Yosemite on you computer to keep everything in sync. When I was using the Yosemite beta I was careful not to switch over to icloud drive on it until iOS 8 was available because there were warnings about that.

Godfrey

Thanks Godfrey for the help.

Here is a screen shot...
Hi Rayyan,

Sorry, I missed your response.

I had no doubt that you see the option there, I just don't know how it could be there since iOS 8.1 replaces "Documents & Data" with "iCloud Drive". It seems to me you have a mis-configured device, somehow.

Perhaps when you installed iOS 8.1 you elected NOT to use iCloud Drive for compatibility back to OS X Mavericks (or earlier)? No other idea...

I have all my OS X systems on Yosemite now and all capable iOS devices on iOS 8.1. The "Document & Data" option is not available on any of them. Only my iPod touch 4th gen has it, and that's because the last iOS it can run is v6.1.6.

G

rayyan

Hi Godfrey.

Sorry for belated response.
Strange indeed. But seems to do the job. So shall leave it as it is.

Best.