Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Internet Security With MacIntosh

Sean_Reid

Re: Internet Security With MacIntosh

In case anyone is interested, I've found that a Mac program which replaces BB Pro quite well is Photo Mechanic at http://www.camerabits.com/site/index.html

Cheers,

Sean

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Sean,

Does Photo Mechanic work with M8 & Nikon D3 files? By looking at their site, I can't find our what RAW files are supported.

If using Capture One, I liked using IView Media Pro now Expressions Media for all the sorting, rating, Exif info, etc... However, It is slow to preview D3 files and only shows the small imbedded JPEG for the M8. Therefore, on the M8 I can't do any light table zooms to check focus or fine detail when selecting.

Thanks,

Ray

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I just tried it with my M8 and some D300 files and it read them perfectly. I also was able to ingest the images from the card reader with all of the functionality that I had with Downloader Pro and then some. You have to set it in preferences to render the preview from the RAW file instead of the embedded jpeg
    Last edited by etrigan63; 22nd April 2008 at 07:57.
    Carlos Echenique | Carlos Echenique Photography |Olympus OM-D E-M1 MK II | Olympus Pen-F - M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 25mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8, Rokinon 12mm f/2 NCS, M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Carlos.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

FYI - Photo Mechanic uses the OS RAW engine, so it will support any RAW file Leopard can read, and is updated when Leopard is updated.
    Carlos Echenique | Carlos Echenique Photography |Olympus OM-D E-M1 MK II | Olympus Pen-F - M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 25mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8, Rokinon 12mm f/2 NCS, M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Another Update: I have Photo Mechanic ingesting images as previously reported, but now have it writing them to my local hard drive and a network server (Windows Home Server w 1.5TB of storage) simultaneously. I have it configured to match the directrory structure on both sites, but you can set it up with custom structures in each one. Very slick.

Deceased, but remembered fondly here... johnastovall's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

There is at least one OS-X virus in the wild and some other threats. Just before I retired from the University, we were in the process of deploying Sophos Anti-virus on the Mac's on campus and in use by faculity.

I've got it for my home Mac system. Expect more security problems with Macs as they gain market share.

"The market wants a Leica to be a Leica: the inheritor of tradition, the subject of lore, and indisputably a mark of status to own."
    Mike Johnston