The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Palette for Photoshop work

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Interesting if you're totally an analogue person. That said, it doesn't do anything my Wacom tablet/Cintiq doesn't do.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
What fascinates me with this solution is the ability to change between different tools without de-selecting another. All tools are always active. The pure analogue interface is obviously another bonus. Price and space requirements are what hold me back.

GlenC

I'm also interested in this way of editing, it seems like it would be more efficient than clicking and dragging sliders for when you are editing many photos in lightroom. I've researched this a little more and found a similar solution that costs less and takes up a little less space. For Mac users there is a ready to use product made my Pusher Labs (https://www.pusherlabs.com/store) for $179, it has 8 digital encoders and many switches. A good video showing it in action is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN6L2_795G0,

For Windows the solution is a combination of an open source software package called MIDI2LR along with "any" midi device. This is the route I am trying. I've ordered the X-Touch Mini controller (Behringer X-TOUCH MINI Universal USB Controller X-TOUCH MINI B&H) and will have it tomorrow when I can try mating it up with the MIDI2LR software. Hopefully, the result will be similar to the Pusher's solution for the Mac (PFixer MiniMal) as seen in the youtube video (above).

Edit: I think both of these tools might be made for Lightroom only, but that is where I spend 95% of my editing time.