Site Sponsors

Thread: New reviews up on DigLloyd's site...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

New reviews up on DigLloyd's site...

Lloyd has some new reviews up you might find of interest. (Disclaimer, some of Lloyds reviews require a subscription to read.)

First is on the new 17" MacBookPro and new Hitachi fat but energy efficient 1TB drive. Follow the links on the front page of his blog: http://www.diglloyd.com/diglloyd/blog.html

Cheers,
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

ddk

Re: New reviews up on DigLloyd's site...

His is one the very few review sites that I still read, most others are too biased and have their strings pulled by advertiser's agenda, kinda like our politicians, anyway always something interesting at Lloyds.

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Agree the only subscription I will buy and just did this morning. Lloyd also been helping me figure something out as well as Jack and Bob. There killing me. LOL
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

I too enjoy his site, and he now has a comparison up of the Nikon 50/1.4G, Zeiss ZF 50/1.4, Nikon 50/1.4D and Sigma 50/1.4. I'm a bit disappointed that he did not compare the Nikon 50/1.4G and Sigma 50/1.4 bokeh rendering directly the way he did with the Canon 50/1.2L and Sigma 50/1.4.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like

It's things like the RAM performance issue with the new Pro that make the modest fee for his site well worth the coin as a $$$ and aggravation saver. Same goes for his photo gear tests. I don't always agree with his conclusions, but he's not afraid to call a spade a spade as it were.

Also a nice guy to talk to - actually hooked him up with his 90 AA R (a former robsteve unit). Kicked my *** afterwards as I'd immediately wished I'd bought it instead ;>