The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Cyclorama/infinity wall

M

mjr

Last post on this then!

The cyclorama is done, will have another coat of paint tomorrow just for the sake of it, I have finished a little meeting/sitting area and the office is set up now, just got to move the printer. Last couple of shots..

Excuse the crap iphone and ipad shots, kept the camera away from the dust and paint to now! The walls are also freshly painted so look a little patchy.

Last few bits to do are a little paint on the ceiling, change the terrible strip lights for some daylight balanced spots, just to highlight pictures that will be up on the wall, clean off the floor tiles from bits of paint and that will be about it!

Been a good little project, I'm sure I can do everything I need to with this size studio for a while, opening on the 15th and have already got lots of people coming so maybe there will be some print sales too. Anyway, to anyone considering this, it's pretty straight forward and with a little effort the results can be good.

Mat

darr

Mat,

It has been a pleasure watching you build your studio through this forum post. Bravo to such a nice studio! I wish you much success!

Kind regards,
Darr

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
What a great thread ... and your skills are phenomenal ... such a short time and the end result is stunning.

The self-portrait says it all ... will be a great space for portraits and studio shots.

I went back through the posts ... somehow missed the site house cabin and workshop ... just beautiful. I know
that your clients will be stunned at the setting and of course, the photography.

If possible ... would love to see any work you are free to share as you go forward.

Best regards,

Bob

M

mjr

Thanks Marc!

I have always believed that luck is where hard work meets opportunity, fingers crossed this space will be worth the effort, shooting portraits for the first time this morning and all good so far.

Thanks for the encouragement through this, it was appreciated.

Cheers

Mat

M

mjr

Really really last post!

Finished a coat of paint at 10am, new 110mm f2 lens for the GFX arrived at 10.30 and clients arrived at 11! Got a lot to learn with positioning lights to make the most of the space but got exactly what the client wanted with this so happy so far! Bit of a baptism of fire with a new space and new lens but worked out in the end.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Congratulations with your project. I'll be coming back to this thread repeatedly for inspiration when building my own studio starting in September, although on a much smaller scale (small objects and macro only).

M

mjr

Thanks Will, Jorgen, good luck with your plans, it's good fun building what you want!

Mat