The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Which strap..

rayyan

Looking for a wide camera strap. As a sling or around the neck.
I have many, and don’t like any!

PD, BLACK RAPID, RUGGARD, etc...

The strap shall be used fora Nikon D750 with24-120 f/4 cr attached.

The one material I liked was one used with my Artisan straps. Not the silk or leather. They do have an adjustable length in that material.
Nylon, leather, neoprene( ? Spelling ) ones are terrible for me.

Any and all suggestions, greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Photon42

There is a wide one from AA. One hand adjustable length. Quite comfortable. But you seem to rule out any material normally used. The one I think of has a small plastic adjustment thingy, leather enforced ends with key rings and I'd say the strap material is Nylon.

Godfrey

For a wide strap to be used on a heavy camera, I like 1.5" wide, woven canvas duck material. I've made a few straps using the Domke FA-140 Gripper Utility Strap as a base. It's great for a bag as is (it's the replacement strap for the Domke F5XB bag); for a camera, I have replaced the heavy metal loops and clips with a simple, light ladder and eyelet, and use a shorter 3/8" wide nylon webbing to attach to the camera. The strap itself is only $19, and the ladders might cost you $4 if you go for high end pieces.

G

iiiNelson

Ive tried many but I’ve come to her conclusion that PD Slide straps are by far my favorite.

Godfrey

I like Domke straps too -- but the new kid on the block is "Peak Design" with a very innovative quick-release system -- check them out on Amazon, but be sure to use our site link to Amazon here as we earn a few pennies of support everything you click it and spend dollars ;) This is the midsized one, they have one even wider and a thinner leash style: https://www.amazon.com/Peak-Design-...words=peak+design+strap&qid=1581554193&sr=8-6
I have that one and two of the Leash model. And a dozen various anchor buttons so I can put a strap onto nearly anything when I want it in a couple of seconds... All work great.

Didn't know anything about the click through to Amazon ... I've always bought my PD stuff direct from them.

G

Knorp

I have that one and two of the Leash model. And a dozen various anchor buttons so I can put a strap onto nearly anything when I want it in a couple of seconds... All work great.

Didn't know anything about the click through to Amazon ... I've always bought my PD stuff direct from them.

G
Like me, you must have set the right site bar "Support Us" to permanently closed.
There you find the ads for Amazon and B&H (and the newest images).

@Jack: perhaps put those ads on a more predominant place ?

Krgds

Godfrey

Like me, you must have set the right site bar "Support Us" to permanently closed.
There you find the ads for Amazon and B&H (and the newest images).

@Jack: perhaps put those ads on a more predominant place ?

Krgds
The "right site bar"...? I don't even know what that is! Never mind how I would turn it on or off... :rolleyes:

That said, I *always* turn off whatever advertising I can, it just gets in the way of reading a forum or website. For this reason, I cannot stand watching broadcast television shows ... to me, there's no point in watching a show if you are going to intentionally distract me every eight minutes. I'm happy to sit down and watch a half hour of advertising commercials by themselves every so often—some of them are very clever and very nicely produced, and I'm looking for products—but that's not the point of watching a drama or a comedy or a movie, or of reading/participating in a forum as far as I'm concerned...

Your friendly curmudgeon here,
G

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

G
I just bought the Peak Design quick-release adapter kit, which is a pair of regular strap ends and 2 sets of buttons, and attached it to my favorite Domke strap — presto, best of both worlds!!!

FWIW: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F94FQRB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited: