The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Epson V750 Setup and Workflow?

carstenw

I just got my Epson V750, and am trying to get set up to scan B&W, initially Tri-X 120, but later this will be expanded to 35mm, as well as other films, including colour.

I installed the Epson drivers and program, as well as SilverFast Ai, and was able to do a decent scan (pre-scan, select film type, set resolution, scan). The quality is nothing special, however, and I would like to learn more here.

I didn't do anything with the EZColor program yet, but have the feeling that this is where I should start.

Does anyone have this scanner set up, and can give a couple of pointers?

jlm

Workshop Member
after the preview scan is up, use the sliders in silverfast much as if you were processing a raw camera file:
histogram, exposure, levels and curves, even cropping. then do the scan as a tif, that should get a decent image

carstenw

Is there some benefit to using EZColor? I presume it should be run once before any scan.

I get a little app popping up every time I start SilverFast (SF Launcher), called WebServices, which plays a movie telling me to click on QuickTime icons, and then it stays there, reacting to nothing and blocking the interface. I cannot quit it, but I can force-quit it. Is there some way to deal with this thing?