Site Sponsors

Thread: Epson V750 Setup and Workflow?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Epson V750 Setup and Workflow?

I just got my Epson V750, and am trying to get set up to scan B&W, initially Tri-X 120, but later this will be expanded to 35mm, as well as other films, including colour.

I installed the Epson drivers and program, as well as SilverFast Ai, and was able to do a decent scan (pre-scan, select film type, set resolution, scan). The quality is nothing special, however, and I would like to learn more here.

I didn't do anything with the EZColor program yet, but have the feeling that this is where I should start.

Does anyone have this scanner set up, and can give a couple of pointers?
    Carsten - Website

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Epson V750 Setup and Workflow?

after the preview scan is up, use the sliders in silverfast much as if you were processing a raw camera file:
    histogram, exposure, levels and curves, even cropping. then do the scan as a tif, that should get a decent image

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Epson V750 Setup and Workflow?

Is there some benefit to using EZColor? I presume it should be run once before any scan.

I get a little app popping up every time I start SilverFast (SF Launcher), called WebServices, which plays a movie telling me to click on QuickTime icons, and then it stays there, reacting to nothing and blocking the interface. I cannot quit it, but I can force-quit it. Is there some way to deal with this thing?
    Carsten - Website