The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leopard 10/5/2 - Monitor Profile Warning

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I installed 10.5.2 and found that my monitor profiles were no longer working.
Luminance and curves seem to have changed at least with the display drivers and colorsync for the Apple 30 and 23 HD monitors.
Stay tuned.
-bob

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Did you also install the Leopard graphics update for 10.5.2? (It only becomes available AFTER you load 10.5.2.)

I ask because I have not done that one yet and my profiles seem pretty darn good, but assumed that was the fix for Safari and was going to install it tomorrow... (I already had 10.5.2 on my MBP in Moab...)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hi Bob:

I just installed the 10.5.2 graphics update on my MacPro and re-profiled. Colors AND gamma look excellent! Also, and I need to do some more specific testing, but it appears they did fix the Safari double profiling issue :thumbs:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Just updated my MBP and both color and gamma are definitely improved there as well.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Yup, all the updates installed, and the monitor benefited by re-profiling.
Looks like firefox and Safari now show very similiar color and gamma.
I haven't done any serious testing with embedded profiles, but I am hoping very hard.
-bob