The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Safari 4 off beta, and it's even better!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Just downloaded Safari 4 -- they fixed the tabs (put them back under the tool bar where they belong) and it is at least 2x faster on my Mac than the last beta was.

:thumbs:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
PS: It is flying so well, I may just nuke Camino and FireFox off my system!

One big issue that I need to point out, just as a point of warning, is that Safari 4 is not compatible with the online edition of Quickbooks. Luckily I had one machine that I had not yet updated to 4 or I would have been hosed. If you rely on Quickbooks OE, make sure you keep a copy of Safari 3.x.

Dale Allyn

PS: It is flying so well, I may just nuke Camino and FireFox off my system!
Good to hear that Safari 4 is purring along. I really appreciate that Apple put effort into making the browser as standards compliant as they have (Acid3 100/100). The same goes for the new iPhone version in v3.0.

That said, due to the fact that not all web designers and developers respect Web Standards, or use code well tested for cross-browser compatibility, I'd not want to rely on having just one browser on-board. Sites designed primarily for IE 7 or 8 (not very compliant) often tend to misbehave on other well designed browsers. It seems that MS is intent on keeping it this way. :thumbdown:

All in all, it looks like Safari 4 is a sweet update. I've not heard how the Windows version feels. Hope it works well for those users too.