The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Drobo Help

Don Libby

The way I read the DroboCare Overview is this is an extension of the original hardware warranty and has nothing to do with any future software & firmware updates..

There's a section on the same page that specifically states
You will receive Drobo Dashboard and bug fixes for the life of your Drobo products independent of DroboCare. You can always update to the latest Drobo Dashboard available by visiting Drobo support.
So one does not affect the other as it is an offer to extend the original warranty to 36 months.

Don

D

ddk

The way I read the DroboCare Overview is this is an extension of the original hardware warranty and has nothing to do with any future software & firmware updates..

There's a section on the same page that specifically states

So one does not affect the other as it is an offer to extend the original warranty to 36 months.

Don
You can't update firmware after the first year without paying their fees. I had that argument with them last year when there was a bug that the dashboard was reading drive capacity incorrectly.