The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Amazing things you can do with SSD drives

dfarkas

Workshop Member
If you want to see something truly amazing check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96dWOEa4Djs.

They put together a computer with 24 of the Samsung 256GB SSD drives in a single RAID 0 Array (6TB), which has 2GB/s throughput!!! (not Gb/s) :shocked: You can't believe how fast this stuff is. Now, imagine the possibilities if they put 4x Nvidia Tesla C1060 cards in it. :thumbs:

I just wonder when spinning HDDs will be a thing of the past, except for large scale archive storage.

David

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
:ROTFL:
:thumbup:

I would love to exchange the HD in my MacBookPro with a 256 SSD. I think Jack uses SSD in his MacPro. Very very tempting

Don Libby

Just doing a little math here figuring 24 SSD's at an average cost of $650 costs in the neighborhood of $15,600. Big money but look at the speed.

Holly Crap :bugeyes:

dfarkas

Workshop Member
Just doing a little math here figuring 24 SSD's at an average cost of $650 costs in the neighborhood of $15,600. Big money but look at the speed.

Holly Crap :bugeyes:
Actually, you can get these at Dell for $469 each. So, only $11K. :D

Can you imagine RAW processing with this setup?!

David