The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Apple adds matte screen option to 15" MBP

LJL

Thanks, Terry. For those of us that really prefer the non-glossy screen, this is a very good return by Apple. Puts the 15" MBP back into the game for many folks.

LJ

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
What is nice here more than anything is Apple actually listened to their customers and made the change back. Need to put the Express card slot back now.:D

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
They must have read my email :D
and probably those of a whole lot of other folks.
-bob

LJL

Time to start another campaign to get the EC/34 slot back, or at least to get several more FW800 slots installed. (The EC/34 would be preferred, since it provides more options, like eSATA external drives, multiple FW800 connections, etc., all from a single slot.)

LJ

When I can buy a 13" MBP with a matte screen, EC/34, FW800, a proper graphics card and easily swappable batteries I'm there in a heartbeat. I love Apple, but am definitely a notch below fanboi status. It keeps seeming like two steps forward, one step back.

G

glenfoxman

Hi
I have been editing through FCP with a 23 inch Apple cinema monito and mac pro. The screen that was only bought last year, has just died on me.

Since I work in Africa, I cannot get it repaired easily, so need to import a new one - and would like to take the oportunity to find out if there is anything better that anyone can recommend?

Thanks

Hornbill