The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB custom music for Website

fotografz

Okay, there are so many talented people on GetDPI that I thought I'd ask here first and keep it in the family so to speak :)

I'm in process with my wedding website which is up and running now (take a look even if you aren't a musician and send me some business for God's sake ... I'm dying here :ROTFL:) I do destination weddings BTW.;)

www.fotografz.com

I'm adjusting the photo content on the run, but the one thing I haven't solved is the music. I currently have a royalty free piece on just the home page portion which is a loop that bumps when it repeats ... I like the style of the piece, and it's fine for the short term, but I want a longer piece that isn't so repetitive and loops seamlessly so my web master can put over the whole site.

PM me if you are interested or know a source that won't kill me financially. Or direct contact Marc Williams at [email protected]

-Marc

S

Shelby Lewis

Lots of stuff from independent musicians from across the globe (a wide variety of genres as well)... a subsidiary of Getty Images : Pump Audio

I've used them before for slideshow music...

D

DougDolde

First thing I do when I encounter a website with music is look for a way to turn it off. If I don't find it in less than 2 seconds I'm gone.

By the way your home page loads way too slow for most people to wait for.

Last edited:

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
First thing I do when I encounter a website with music is look for a way to turn it off. If I don't find it in less than 2 seconds I'm gone.

I have to agree with both points. On a personal level your photos are easily worth the wait. From a marketing point of view I think it's far too weighty (with respect to download times and CPU consumption).

Also if I can't mute music on a website it really annoys me. I don't know if you do your own coding.

It's only tangentially related but here is the best online music player I've come across: http://aurgasm.us/

I also cannot stand Flash, but that's a topic akin to religion and politics :).

I've linked you to my friend Tom who did the music for my recent time lapses:
http://www.doug-peterson.com/view-from-the-upper-pent-house/
http://www.doug-peterson.com/brickel-time-lapse/
http://www.doug-peterson.com/timelapse/

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe
Buy Capture One at 10% off
Personal Work

fotografz

RE: Music ... grumpy old men may pay for wedding photography ... but they aren't the ones who buy it ... :ROTFL:

I agree the HP loads slower than I'd like ... the price for larger images I guess. I'll ask my web master if there's a way to speed it up.

Most of the young women that go there are on a mission based on a referral or direct contact, so they'll wait a few seconds ... I don't depend on it to generate inquires and never have. Most just skip to the wedding category tab at the bottom which loads in 3 seconds on cable feed. A vast majority of prospects visit while at work on optimized business cable systems.

But faster would be better.

Thanks for the info on music ...

-Marc