The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Retina Screens

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Like most of my photographer friends ....I picked up the new iPad and then the MacBook Retina ...expecting the new screen to display my photographs with a new found brilliance . It seemed a little better but no one seemed to give it a 2nd thought. So much for the hype or so I thought .

During the Olympics I finally caved in and paid the NYT for the content and downloaded the iPad version . If this isn t a game change for photographers ...I will be surprised . The NYT is one of the few content sites that have upgraded to display photographs on a retina screen .

Those same images that looked pretty good on my older MacBook ....look 3D on a iPad retina . I have never seen this much detail displayed with such brilliance .

Also found a on line magazine iPhotographer (by Michael Freeman) that utilizes the full capabilities often iPad and retina screen . Imbedded audio discussion of photographs by Steve McCurry is about as good as it gets . I have seen SM work many many times including his gallery prints at enormous enlargements ...they have more detail on the iPad screen .

If you believe that 40MP subjects your images to a detailed inspection of your technique ..wait until you see them properly displayed on a retina screen .