The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

My new Fine Art Prints website is online!

vieri

Finally, after many long weeks of intense work, the wait is over: my new website

VIERI BOTTAZZINI FINE ART PRINTS

is now online and ready for you all to browse and enjoy!

As many of you knows, I have been labouring for quite a while over whether to bring my Fine Art prints business online or not, and eventually what could have been the best way to do it. Once the decision has been made, I have been very excited about it: in fact, I have almost not been able to sleep for more than a month, while working incredibly hard to get it ready by early December; and even if a few days later than I initially hoped, I am very proud to announce its Grand Opening today. Well, the good thing is that now that it is out there, it's too late for any further labouring (some inevitable tuning-up and bug ironing aside): the results are out there for you all to see and judge by yourselves. As always, I would appreciate very much any feedback, comments, suggestions you might have - and, of course, your support and business if you feel so inclined.

Thank you very much in advance for taking the time to view and for your insights!

vieri

Good Luck with it Vieri
all the best
Thank you Jono! I need it, online sales of Fine Art is a tough business to get into, not seeing the prints definitely doesn't help much, no matter how much I try and describe them and the process with words... :deadhorse: That said, I am trying and helping luck with some FB and Google ads, word of mouth and so on and I surely hope that it will work out OK in time... :D

kweide

Wonderful, when i saw the landscape of Mantua....boy, memories shot back into my brain ....

vieri

Beautiful images,I love the Ireland section.. best of Luck with it...

Rob
Hey Rob, sorry for the delay in replying, for some reasons I missed the replies on this thread until today :eek: I am glad you enjoyed the Irish Portfolio! :D

Wonderful, when i saw the landscape of Mantua....boy, memories shot back into my brain ....
Thank you very much! Mantua is just beautiful, and a fantastic place to live in... maybe someday. :D

thanks for this! very nice!
Thank you very much, I am glad you enjoyed the photographs! :D

Thank you very much everyone, and again sorry for the delated reply - despite the thread subscription, I missed some replies a few months back, really sorry about that.

turtle

Hi Vieri,

Its a good looking site and I wish you the very best of luck! It is a difficult business to break into and I am not in quite the same area, but I do have one strong impression: I think you should edit much more tightly. This is all my opinion so please feel free to ignore everything I say!

You have a number of images that leap out as being clearly the best (or equal best) in a series and they make some of the other perfectly nice images look weak in comparison. Where you really cannot choose between several images, ask friends and if that fails, just make a cut based on gut instinct and it just wont matter.

I think you'd do well to cut the total number of images down to well under half what you have now as a starting point and keep cutting until you are at no more than 25% of what you have now. You can amalgamate various clusters of galleries into one overarching gallery (such as the various Scotland portfolios into 'Scotland' or the US ones into 'USA' or 'North America'), to allow you a much tighter edit. As you build up more images in the 'drop dead amazing' quality category, you can break out the more general galleries into more specific ones again.

A brutal edit will help concentrate the viewers effort and ensure they stay engaged and hungry for more. Its also about credibility. If you show the 'nice' images and 'good ones' along with the 'amazing!' ones, you weaken the value of your brand. By doing a brutal edit, you will sell more, not less (you can have one cubic meter or great whisky diluted 10:1 with water, but it wont taste as good as a single perfect dram, as poured from the bottle!

Its about putting your best foot forwards and only your best foot. Customers should only have to make difficult choices between lovely prints.

As part of the building of a brand, I would suggest opening up some of the editions a little larger and lowering the prices to make them more accessible. Once you have lots of feedback and glowing reports you can put online, people will have more confidence buying blind at a higher price point. Sure, in the early days this will hit your margin a lot, but building confidence and generating sales you can tell people about is so important.

As part of your edit, look at where your fingerprint is and try to arrive somewhere that has your style clearly visible and binding everything together, without too many outliers.

Just thoughts and I hope there is something in there which helps!

Good luck!

Swissblad

Hi Vieri

No updates in quite a while - hope all is OK.

Enjoyed your gallery - agree with comments above.

Cheers, S.

vieri

Hi Vieri,

Its a good looking site and I wish you the very best of luck! It is a difficult business to break into and I am not in quite the same area, but I do have one strong impression: I think you should edit much more tightly. This is all my opinion so please feel free to ignore everything I say!

You have a number of images that leap out as being clearly the best (or equal best) in a series and they make some of the other perfectly nice images look weak in comparison. Where you really cannot choose between several images, ask friends and if that fails, just make a cut based on gut instinct and it just wont matter.

I think you'd do well to cut the total number of images down to well under half what you have now as a starting point and keep cutting until you are at no more than 25% of what you have now. You can amalgamate various clusters of galleries into one overarching gallery (such as the various Scotland portfolios into 'Scotland' or the US ones into 'USA' or 'North America'), to allow you a much tighter edit. As you build up more images in the 'drop dead amazing' quality category, you can break out the more general galleries into more specific ones again.

A brutal edit will help concentrate the viewers effort and ensure they stay engaged and hungry for more. Its also about credibility. If you show the 'nice' images and 'good ones' along with the 'amazing!' ones, you weaken the value of your brand. By doing a brutal edit, you will sell more, not less (you can have one cubic meter or great whisky diluted 10:1 with water, but it wont taste as good as a single perfect dram, as poured from the bottle!

Its about putting your best foot forwards and only your best foot. Customers should only have to make difficult choices between lovely prints.

As part of the building of a brand, I would suggest opening up some of the editions a little larger and lowering the prices to make them more accessible. Once you have lots of feedback and glowing reports you can put online, people will have more confidence buying blind at a higher price point. Sure, in the early days this will hit your margin a lot, but building confidence and generating sales you can tell people about is so important.

As part of your edit, look at where your fingerprint is and try to arrive somewhere that has your style clearly visible and binding everything together, without too many outliers.

Just thoughts and I hope there is something in there which helps!

Good luck!
Turtle, I am very sorry for the (VERY) late reply, somehow I missed your reply! Indeed you are right, thank you very much for your suggestions - I find that editing is the toughest part of the job, since your reply I did quite a bit of editing but I am now in the process of changing the site and some more editing will have to be done. Thanks again for your suggestions, all very much appreciated :)

Now, back to work... ;)

Hi Vieri

No updates in quite a while - hope all is OK.

Enjoyed your gallery - agree with comments above.

Cheers, S.
Hi Sinuhe,

very true - I have been very busy with various things lately (see PM), but I plan to be back soon full force writing and posting! :) Life happened, as they say ;)

Cheers,

Vieri