The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Calculator for Matting

Ebe

Today I made a small calculator for cutting mat-boards.
It is small, fast, and versatile.
It might meet all your matting needs.
The program is free!

I programed it in C++, for 32-bit windows.
It runs fine on 64-bit or 32-bit, Win-7.
It should run in Vista, Win-XP, Win-7, and Win-8.

Link to page with screen-grabs and more info.

http://www.kforceworld.com/kmat/

Today I made a small calculator for cutting mat-boards.
It is small, fast, and versatile.
It might meet all your matting needs.
The program is free!

I programed it in C++, for 32-bit windows.
It runs fine on 64-bit or 32-bit, Win-7.
It should run in Vista, Win-XP, Win-7, and Win-8.

Link to page with screen-grabs and more info.
Online fraction calculator
I called up a bagel shop this morning and ordered a baker's dozen, 7 poppy and 6 sesame. I got there and she rang me up: One baker's dozen plus 2 extra for a total of 15. I said no, I only ordered 7 poppy and 6 sesame. She looked at me like I was from Mars. I asked, "What is 6 plus 7?" Without a moment's hesitation she grabbed her calculator and punched in the numbers and said, "Oh, we gave you two extra."

It's not her fault. Nobody is born knowing 6 + 7. It's the fault of the schools. And as a voter and taxpayer, in the end it's my fault. I should be down there picketing the school board till they start teaching the kids basic arithmetic. Oh that's "rote learning," it's taboo these days dontcha know.

The thing is, this is a bagel shop. They serve up 13-count baker's dozens every day of the week. And this morning, my order of 7 poppy and 6 sesame threw the whole place into a tizzy. Apparently someone in the back thought I wanted 15 and the girl thought I wanted 15.

We're just so doomed. We talk about STEM and the brain jobs of the future, but this is what the schools turn out. I can't wait for the robot apocalypse. It'll be better than what we've got now.