The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Aluminum print companies

jonathan25

Has anyone had a great experience with a metal printing company that didn't have any green hair or other defects like chips or bubbles?

Jeannine

I am very happy with Bay Photo...I printed so much there last year I received cookies as a year end appreciation gift! Service is great and shipping department is fantastic.

viablex1

I like laslight have had stuff done one several years ago looks like the day they did it, the hanging hardware is great!!

Don Libby

I just had 3-40x30 prints delivered from Bay Photo. Each image is stunning in detail and color which is exactly what the print file looks like. Just reporting my experience with them.

Don

iiiNelson

I've had great results as well with Bay Photo. I printed out some of my Safari shots for a friend of the family's son on semi gloss and more recently have printed on aluminum for some b&w shots. I believe they have 2 or 3 options for metallic prints now.

viablex1

Just curious with regard to bay photo anybody sending in film to scan and then print?

also what about proofing? has anybody done that through them.

I am still getting a handle on getting the correct luminance, I tried WHCC and my prints were way way too dark.

Matto

iiiNelson

Just curious with regard to bay photo anybody sending in film to scan and then print?

also what about proofing? has anybody done that through them.

I am still getting a handle on getting the correct luminance, I tried WHCC and my prints were way way too dark.

Matto
I've only printed from my own print ready color calibrated high resolution jpeg output files through Bay Photo. From what I can tell with the screen image/print next to each other they are about as close as I could reasonably hope for. I believe that they can do adjustments themselves but that's an extra charge.