The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Photo Series: Welsh Slate

turtle

I've just started working on a larger body of work centred around Welsh slate mining. This first series was shot ten days ago in one short foggy day, when I had been expecting just to conduct a recce of the area to refresh my memory, after more than ten years away.

You can read more about it and see more images on thephotofundamentalist and see the full set of photographs on my website here.

Some of you may remember some of my Afghanistan and Iceland work. I'm now back in the UK and I have had to remind myself of the tremendous locations much closer to home!

I shot these images on my Sony A7R, A7 II, Voigtlander 15mm Heliar FE, 21mm Loxia, Sony 28mm f2 FE, Sony Zeiss 35mm f2.8 Sonnar and Sony 70-200 f4 G OSS. The tripod remained in the car and I just kept moving. It was one of the most surreal days of photography in many years, with just me and the mountains (and the odd sheep). I didn't see a soul all day.

Here are a few images to give you an idea.

Last edited: