The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Extra Large Photo Books

DB5

Does anyone know of anyone who makes really large high quality photobooks. (i.e. Blurb etc)

The biggest i can find is around 12-13 inches on the longest side of a portrait format book. I'd love to find something bigger. Much bigger would be awesome.

Any one know of anyone?

Moab used to make a 12x13 Chinle book kit and 12x13 punched/scored Entrada and Lasal paper for screwpost binding, but currently the paper is a special-order item. Now they offer a screwpost-bound book binding called 'Flint' for horizontal 13x19. You have to make original prints to go in the binding. Pina Zangaro makes similar binding kits up to 11x14 and 11x17.

I use these kits for mock-ups and have a bookbinder make bindings with embossed covers and spines. Pina Zangaro will also emboss the covers with titles for you.

With screwpost binding, individual pages can be removed for framing. The ones I make use 12x13" paper with one inch for binding, so the pages are 12x12. Now that it's hard to get Moab's 12x13 paper, you can use 13" rolls and cut at 12".

Here's an iPhone snapshot of what mine look like:

Books.jpg

Kirk

Last edited: