The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

silkpix

J

Jamesmd

Hi

Has anyone tried silkpix ?

any thoughts about it ?

cheers

James

J

Jamesmd

no , at least the version I tried IMO I didn't like

cheers

D

ddk

I've been using SP for several years now and prefer its color and tonality over PS/LR with cameras that lack their own dedicated software. What about it don't you like?

J

Jamesmd

I've been using SP for several years now and prefer its color and tonality over PS/LR with cameras that lack their own dedicated software. What about it don't you like?
At least the version 3 I tried , has like fixed option in many fields , like contrast , it has several fixed settings instead of a slider .

As I say , I didn't try the pro version .

Colors are good , but I think it has much less definition than C1 for example .

Again it was a fast test and a light version .

James

D

ddk

At least the version 3 I tried , has like fixed option in many fields , like contrast , it has several fixed settings instead of a slider .

As I say , I didn't try the pro version .

Colors are good , but I think it has much less definition than C1 for example .

Again it was a fast test and a light version .

James
I only have the 3.0 Developer Studio as well, it is the complete version for Mac, Pro is windows only. The drop down menus are there for quick fix, by clicking the icons on the bottom left corner you open the expanded options for everything including graph and sliders for contrast. I recommend taking a second look at it.

I don't see how you can get more or less definition from either software, surely any perceived difference has to do with NR and/or sharpening settings.

Both C1 and SP are extremely capable, choose the one that best suits your tastes and preferences, there's no real right or wrong here.

J

Jamesmd

I will give it a try again , but I think it's not my cup of tea .

DxO for example is great but it doesn't Mach with me either .

Cheers

James