The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

C1 4.8.3 - positively shocked

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Peter they do have Styles in the tabs . A whole host of options there . Try the yellow filter one. I like that the best

cam

What Doug said except: for sharpening that is less aggressive on noise and sensor artifacts, use Pre-1 and bump the threshold up to 2 (so to 200/0.5/2).
Jack -- i jotted down your recommended settings for C1 sharpening (in regards to the M8) to be 98/0.4/1.0. did i get that wrong?

It's a great question I know from what I heard the upgrade for registered users is 100 dollars.
any chance of a discount for those of us that bought it less than five months ago? (pretty please, powers that be?)

Guy Mancuso

Not sure Cam. For me I should pay been 4 years now of upgrades and being that old i should pay dearly. LOL

Guess we have to wait for some official word

Nitnaros

Jack, Guy,
The b/w modes available via styles, I know and use.
I actually like the panchromatic one.

I was just looking for freaking total control a la channel mixer, a way to exactly specify the amount of each RGB channel going into the b/w conversion.

Peter

Guy Mancuso

Version 5 Peter will have RGB control back , I think I saw Doug or Dave mention on some of the specs on it. Doug knows more about this than I at the moment. Hopefully he can answer this

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Phase One has always been pretty generous with it's pricing for software.

First and foremost any digital back users can always and will always be able to use the Digital-back-only version of the software for free (and without licensing/registration).

As for the price for C1 5 and C1 5 Pro and the pricing for upgrades from various previous versions: nothing is set in stone yet. However, it is likely to continue the trend of pretty generous pricing and upgrade policies.

Official pricing will be set in stone close to release at which point all of those questions can be answered.

Capture Integration does indeed sell Capture One and Capture One Pro including any and all upgrades.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Version 5 Peter will have RGB control back , I think I saw Doug or Dave mention on some of the specs on it. Doug knows more about this than I at the moment. Hopefully he can answer this
Absolutely. Individual RGB sliders for C1 are confirmed.

There are really quite a few great new features coming in C1 5. Even more very small tweaks to refine the program and increase workflow speed.

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
any chance of a discount for those of us that bought it less than five months ago? (pretty please, powers that be?)
When I bought C1Pro about 3 1/2 years ago (ver 3.5xx I think) it came with 3 major upgrades. The upgrade from 3.x to 4.x was considered a major upgrade so up until this time I have only used one of the three alloted upgrades. I am not sure if this purchasing policy is still in effect.

If you have registered your product on the Phase One web site you can log in to your account and under License Management you can see how many upgrades are available for each product you own and the number of activations left as well as the activation/deactivation history.

Give it a spin.

P.S. I am not the powers that be, though.

cam

When I bought C1Pro about 3 1/2 years ago (ver 3.5xx I think) it came with 3 major upgrades. The upgrade from 3.x to 4.x was considered a major upgrade so up until this time I have only used one of the three alloted upgrades. I am not sure if this purchasing policy is still in effect.

If you have registered your product on the Phase One web site you can log in to your account and under License Management you can see how many upgrades are available for each product you own and the number of activations left as well as the activation/deactivation history.

Give it a spin.

P.S. I am not the powers that be, though.
thank you! i have 2 upgrades left! happy dance :salute:

i love C1 so it's a no brainer that i will continue using it and i totally think it's worth the cost. i was just cranky about possibly of having to pay for an ugrade so soon as i have one tricky lens at Solms and another that has to go into another shop for tightening :banghead: money is a bit tight even as i see everybody around me buying the M9, sigh. i got to fondle one as a birthday present yesterday...

A.Sattler

Yea Al if your in that zone to buy today than maybe get a free download trial and wait it out until Version 5 hits the public. Actually you can contact Doug also on that purchase if you wanted too support one of the vendors here. Besides he is always willing to help people. One of the reasons we have CI come to or workshops. Doug handles a lot of the CI training and gear demo's
Thanks Guy,
I was actually thinking about that before I read your post. I went to Capture Integration's website but couldn't find any software for sale. The smart thing to do would probably be to e-mail Doug directly, no ?
This is a very good idea anyways, as I have never used/purchased this type of product and I have some, probably silly, beginner's questions.

Thank again for your help.

AS

Guy Mancuso

Yes give Doug a shout through e-mail. Although his RRS feed today said there Miami beach office is moving to a downtown location for better access to airport. So he maybe delayed a day. I just sent him a e-mail on another matter but here is the RRS feed info:

Capture Integration’s Miami office has moved from South Beach to Downtown Miami to provide better access from the airport.

We are proud to be a leading destination for photographers from across the country and across the world who wish to try the best photographic equipment in the world in person. Our new location already has two appointments in it’s first week to show Phase One backs in real-world shoots (including with a model, lighting, and an assistant).

The office will be closed Thursday October 1 and most of Friday October 2 for the move.

Please call 305.534.5701 to schedule an appointment to come see the new facility.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
We are adding purchase of the software through our website later this month. Until then we sell it by phone - you give us a CC number and we give you a Capture One license.

If you can, I'd wait a few weeks until final policies on C15 pricing are set in stone.

Doug

bcf

The online seminars are not very practical for us Europeans. Not only because of the time difference, but also because not all of us are at ease with spoken American language. Do you also sell simple video tutorials (i.e. not "live"), or written tutorials?