Site Sponsors

Thread: Help: Capture1 getting seriously slow. Too many LCCs?

steph.b

Help: Capture1 getting seriously slow. Too many LCCs?

I get tired. The perfomance of C1 decreases seriously the more I work with it.
    I`m shooting architecture with Cambo WRS, Schneider 35, 47 and 72 and a P45 back. So with each shot i do the calibration shot. Right now i have stored some hundreds of LCCs in the drop down menu of C1.
    Meanwhile every time I hit the LCC dropdown-menu button it takes about 15 to 20 seconds before the turning coloured ball disappears. And C1 needs too much time before i got a full resolution preview browsing through the pictures. And C1 crashes at least every second day.
    I did a fresh install of 4.8.3 and removed the old version before installing. No change.
    C1 runs on my mac pro 2,0ghz with 5gb ram.
    Any ideas? Could the amount of stored LCCs be the reason for the (dramatic) decrease of speed? And if so, how to get rid of them. Can I edit the list of the stored ones somewhere?

Any tips welcome.

Steph.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Help: Capture1 getting seriously slow. Too many LCCs?

Steph,

i just went through this issue on my powerbook... available memory was the issue. as soon as i cleared out my hard disk, everything is running beautifully and quickly again.

i will let those with more experience help you with your settings but, for the moment, i just dumped my entire library on an external hard drive and voil! C1 is running perfectly again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by steph.b View Post
    Any tips welcome
    are you working in the same session all the time and just open the capture folder of a new shooting within this session? That's not really good. It's better to create a new session for each new shooting.
    If you want to, you can delete older LCCs here (obviously you should - you can re-create them any time): user/library/application support/capture one/LCC
    In addition it might be helpful to delete the preview files of older folders/sessions. Search for file extension *.cop ... these are the previews C1 stores within the sessions/folder each time in a folder named "cache".

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

C1 likes ram and cores, so I'd up your ram...
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Jamesmd

The same here , I divided folders in smaller ones with less shots , I reinstalled as said on phase one web , I defragmented drives , and it's still very very slow . It wasn't some time ago .
    I don't know if I did some mac update it didn't like .

I'm hoping C1 v5 works better for me . It's very fustrating .

steph.b

Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    are you working in the same session all the time and just open the capture folder of a new shooting within this session? That's not really good. It's better to create a new session for each new shooting.
    hi thomas, i create a new session for each new shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    If you want to, you can delete older LCCs here (obviously you should - you can re-create them any time): user/library/application support/capture one/LCC
    In addition it might be helpful to delete the preview files of older folders/sessions. Search for file extension *.cop ... these are the previews C1 stores within the sessions/folder each time in a folder named "cache".
    This advice was really (!) helpful. I deleted all the (526) LCCs on the macbook, that I use for tethered shooting and... C1 flies again! It was definitely the amount of stored LCCs. I then deleted also the *.cop -files, but C1 was already fast again. So not much happened.
    Will try this tomorrow on my MacPro.

Thanks!

steph.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by steph.b View Post
    I then deleted also the *.cop -files, but C1 was already fast again. So not much happened.
    as you create new sessions all the time that's not an issue. But if you assemble a lot of folder whithin a single session and set them all as so called "favorite" folder C1 caches all the folders that are set as favorites. That can slow down C1.
    Glad it's fast again now.

edit: oh, yes, and I think the LCCs are cached as well