The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lightroom and ACR strange behavior on P45+ raw files

Paul2660

I have run into an interesting issue with my P45+ raw files in both Lightroom and ACR (I realize both are basically the same engine).

I normally view the images to fit the window size and make most of my color corrections at that size. If I take the window to 100%, the images will lose saturation. On my machines when I go from fit to view to 100% it takes a few seconds for the image to render. When the image first shows at 100% it's out of focus but the saturation is OK, but as soon as it comes into focus, you can see the saturation drop off. And the 100% view is how the image processes. I use prophoto as my space and if I add the holmes profiles for prophoto at 20+, I get back the saturation I was originally looking for.

No sure when this started. I haven't made any changes to ACR 5.4 or lightroom, 2.4.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Paul Caldwell