The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Colorchecker Passport bug workaround

bradhusick

I was frustrated by the new Colorchecker Passport software - it wouldn't open any DNG file exported with Lightroom. There's a bug in the xrite software that can be worked around by saving the DNG file as version 4.6 and later. You can find it in the export dialog under "File Settings, Compatibility". The default is "Camera Raw 5.4 and later" - click it and choose "Camera Raw 4.6 and later" and the xrite software will open it and profile it just fine.

And it works really well.

Hope this helps.
-Brad

Terry

Brad,
I've written to xrite support and subsequently sent them sample GF1 file. It won't profile them from Lightroom throught the plug in. Created profiles for a couple of other files just fine.

R

RachelKuzmik

Hello, I am the lead technical support for the ColorChecker Passport. There is a known recognition issue with the ColorChecker Passport software and DNG 2.0 files. This will be addressed in an upcoming software revision. The workaround from Brad will work in the meantime.

To contact us for further assistance, go to www.xrite.com > My X-Rite and log on to create a web case.

Terry

Rachel,
Welcome to the forum and thanks for the update. I've checked the x-rite website regularly to see if there is a new software download. I assume that is what we should be on the lookout for. What would be great is a post from you when the new software is released.

Thanks,
Terry

scho

The only way I can make a profile for the G1 or GF1 is to first export a dng file (CR 4.6 or later) out of LR and the use the desktop app to make the profile. Does not work inside of LR 2.6. Starts to generate a profile and then fails with a warning that couldn't find the crop lines. Same file works fine when dropped on the desktop app, Seems to be a bug in the plugin for LR.

Edit: I found that if I first export a dng file of the raw target from LR and then re-import that dng and run the dng through the plugin it works, but very slow compared to desktop app. Seems to be a problem with the plugin using the rw2 raw files from within LR.

Last edited: