The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One Version 5 Released

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
The Focus Mask can be assigned a keyboard shortcut in the shortcut editor. Works fine here :)
Awesome! Finally figured it out. I got the duplicate and rename part, but did not find the click to make a change. They really need a box that outlines the click area for editing the actual shortcut...

I agree the default green for the focus mask is wrong for landscape, so I changed it to the exact opposite, saturated magenta :). I also dropped the threshold to 200 and the opacity to 30.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Awesome! Finally figured it out. I got the duplicate and rename part, but did not find the click to make a change. They really need a box that outlines the click area for editing the actual shortcut...

I agree the default green for the focus mask is wrong for landscape, so I changed it to the exact opposite, saturated magenta :). I also dropped the threshold to 200 and the opacity to 30.
Well I can't make a change. Weird

thomas

Well I can't make a change. Weird
first you have to create a new keyboard set. Click on "duplicate", enter a name, hit enter.
Double click in the right side of the command in the shortcut table... it's a bit hard to find first but it's straight under the column "Key".

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
and the regular histogram and that in curves also move?
Well I lied. It seems that now clarity is not affecting my levels histo --- can't understand that as I am almost certain it did before...

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
first you have to create a new keyboard set. Click on "duplicate", enter a name, hit enter.
Double click in the right side of the command in the shortcut table... it's a bit hard to find first but it's straight under the column "Key".
Actually a single-click works once the shortcut is highlighted -- you just need to make sure the pointer is over the shortcut letter itself.

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
The Focus Tool in combination with the Focus Mask is really great! It has really helped in reviewing images. The Focus Tool is much improved from the one in version 3.

The Spot Removal, although only working with dust at the moment, is also nice but I find I am still checking in Photoshop until I get comfortable using it.

The Vignetting Tool is very very good, better than what I was doing in PS before. Actually, lots of great stuff in the Lens Correction Tab.

thomas

Cool made it Option F and it works a charm.
make sure that it works independently of "pick focus point" that is coded for the focus tool by the key "F".
Take alt+F or ctrl+F or cmd+F or so...

The shortcuts for the tools in the toolbar are always related to the respective tools.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
CMD+F is default for apply auto-adjustments, so I changed that one to Shift+CMD+F and then set the focus mask toggle to CMD+F. As far as I've seen, the shortcut editor won't let you change something to a shortcut that already exists? FIW I have set the viewer toggle too (to CMD+Y) and it makes browsing a lot faster/easier.

beamon

My bad use of the emoticon, Thomas. Saw the turned down mouth and thought of "frown" which is what I meant to convey. So substitute the :mad: with a :(, ok? (Note to self: gotta look at both mouth AND eyebrows)

What is being demonstrated here is that an upgrade policy that is so complex as to be difficult to understand requires some revamping by P1. It would appear that, as we speak, they're trying to get their act together. That's good! (Wish our government would do the same. :rolleyes:)

why "mad"?

That's what I'm getting out of what I've read, so far, Joseph. :mad:

thomas

As far as I've seen, the shortcut editor won't let you change something to a shortcut that already exists?
with the exception of a few shortcuts that are fixed (like cmd+Q; cmd+Z etc.) the keyboard editor displays a warning but you can overwrite the old shortcut.
You can even use W, F, Z, F but in this case the shortcut would activate 2 tools... like in Guys setting F would activate "pick focus point" and at the same time the focus mask.

FIW I have set the viewer toggle too (to CMD+Y) and it makes browsing a lot faster/easier.
yes, I do it since V3. first hide viewer, sort and tag images, sort by tag, show viewer.

These are the "toogle shortcuts" I use permanently:
(toolbar always hidden)
toggle tools - alt T
toggle browser - alt B
toggle viewer - alt V (second viewer with ctrl V)
toggle guides - alt G
toggle focus mask - alt F

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I installed C1 5 a few days ago - very simple upgrade from v4 with just a couple of crashes until I uninstalled the various preferences as per Capture Integration's excellent advice. Now it works just fine on both MacPro and MacBook Pro.

BUT - a question! I have a PDF from Phase One called Lens Optimization. It states that all Phase/Mamiya lens can be corrected - but the only one I can see is for the 28 mm lens. No other Mamiya lenses show up.

On the lens correction tab bar the little arrow brings up many Contax and H'blad lenses - but no Phase/Mamiya. The next tab, "Generic" shows only the 28 mm lens, though the illustration in the PDF shows the 80 mm.

What am I missing?

Bill

thomas

The next tab, "Generic" shows only the 28 mm lens, though the illustration in the PDF shows the 80 mm.
What am I missing?
Only those settings show up that meet the EXIF data of the file. Select an image that was shot with a 80mm lens and you'll see the Phase One AF 80/2.8 and the Schneider LS 80/2.8.

Ralph Eisenberg

From v 3.7.9 Pro and earlier, I've been accustomed to using a resizable floating window for the Focus tool, with all tool tabs closed, to make initial portrait selects. Is there any possibility to create a keyboard shortcut to toggle the floating window for the focus tool in v.5 ?

This has been a very helpful thread. Seeing how others configure and use CO has allowed me to learn how I might use it more effectively and in a way that differs from my old habits.