The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One Version 5 Released

thomas

Another good thing about the new local copy/apply is that the shortcut cmd+shift+D duplicates the last (only the last!) adjustment - exactly like pressing shift and clicking on the local copy/apply icon.

So for instance you have selected 6 images. You adjust WB for the primary image and press cmd+shift+D - now WB is set for the 6 selected images. It's faster than pressing shift and click on the local copy/apply icon because while you are pressing the keys you move the mouse to the next adjustment.
It's even working with setting the camera profile.

BTW: where is Doug? He said there is so much to talk...

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
There's Doug! He's probably been sitting at his computer studying Lightroom so he can process S2 files and M9 files, now that CI is a Leica dealer! :p
:eek:

KETCH ROSSI

I really wish there were Professional training lessons on p1 5 PRO I really love the UI, but there are so many new Items that confuse me a bit, so please do recommend them to me if they are..

.. Doug hurry up and start your Training program already :D

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
I really wish there were Professional training lessons on p1 5 PRO I really love the UI, but there are so many new Items that confuse me a bit, so please do recommend them to me if they are..

.. Doug hurry up and start your Training program already :D
You'll have to wish a little longer, but not much longer.

Training should be available in a few weeks, with quick tips/tricks coming sooner.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe
Buy Capture One at 10% off

KETCH ROSSI

cam

help help and help

i was a good girl and did everything right, deinstalling, removing, deactivating, etc...

program happily on computer and looks to be perfect with minor detail:

i cannot import any images into it.

i have tried more than one and no dice... as i've been happily using 4 without a problem, i don't really think it's my stupidity, but maybe it is? anyone have a clue what i've not done properly?

thank you in advance!

eta: this is only for folders i have previously opened in C1.

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Cam maybe delete the Capture One folder inside the folders you are trying to import. It may not like the Col45 stuff from previous 4.5. I have deleted those cache folders when bringing in those old folder images without problems. So in short go to a folder you want to bring in or import . If their is any Capture One folder inside it than dump it than import

KETCH ROSSI

In the mean time I was thinking that if any one knows, good Tutorials of the C1 PRO previous version, which might not differ too much form version 5, would be a great start for me as well.

thanks,

cam

Cam maybe delete the Capture One folder inside the folders you are trying to import. It may not like the Col45 stuff from previous 4.5. I have deleted those cache folders when bringing in those old folder images without problems. So in short go to a folder you want to bring in or import . If their is any Capture One folder inside it than dump it than import
thank you, Guy. that's probably it... i did it the old-fashioned way and dumped the images i wanted into a different folder and everything worked a charm! it probably is those ol' col45's :D

KETCH ROSSI

Okay for now I just joined Capture-U, but will still look forward for Professional Videos,and or good Books, Doug, do inform me when you guys are ready :), I really want to Master this program, I just Love it!

Guy Mancuso

thank you, Guy. that's probably it... i did it the old-fashioned way and dumped the images i wanted into a different folder and everything worked a charm! it probably is those ol' col45's :D
Hate those Col45's. LOL :deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

KETCH ROSSI

Okay first try @ C1 5 Pro, so please be nice :D

I really love this Fricking Program, but it has so much you can do, it will take me some learning before I can get what I want out of my images.

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Ketch looks good . I may pick the color editor here on her lips and make that red more red . But certainly this is up to personal taste as well. My only one issue is the left side headpiece is blending into the background.

KETCH ROSSI

Thanks for the input Guy, as I say first time :)

I din't want to make the Lips too red as not to concentrate the attention too much on them, as far as the blending to the background is an intended effect applied by a Vignetting, and actually was all around the right side, too, but for some reason didn't save that way, still understanding how the Process button works.

I must say this, I usually would have needed so much work on Photoshop in order to achieve the same look I got out of C1 5 PRO with few adjustments here and there, really awesome Program, only thing I did in CS4 was removing few blemishes and reduce the size of the file, with Jack's way Cool Action converter.

KETCH ROSSI

Okay after you said something about the blending, I decided that would look better if it didn't.

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Ketch, REALLY great image and processing! Is that an image from your new P30+? If so, it looks like you are already making it sing, congrats!