The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One Software Tutorial

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
No you have to hire me at 225.00 per hour sign a year long contract for a minimum of 2000 hours and you will eventually get to be a expert. Worth a shot was trying to make enough money for a S2 . You realize I am joking of course

Actually Phase does have some tutorials on their website on mostly how to set-up and such. CI with Doug does on line training or you certainly can attend a workshop that Jack and I put on.:)

KETCH ROSSI

You can join Capture-U for free and watch their lessons there, https://secure.capture-u.com/index.php P1 site also has them, go here: http://www.phaseone.com/en/Software/Capture-One-5-Pro/Pro-Tutorials.aspx only if you upgrade to paying member then you can get access to many more, personally I'm looking forward to Doug's online training sessions, there is just nothing much I have found, sad but true, for Lightroom there is tone of online stuff, and I become very good at it, I fill sorry I switched to C1 for that, but other then that, C1 kicks A$#@!

francishmt

I second the need of more C1 training. As much as we'd like to attend Guy and Jack's workshop, it might not be feasible since it's never held in where I live in Toronto *wink wink*. Maybe some DVDs or online training, even if paid, would be worthwhile.

Dale Allyn

I'd buy a "From Camera to Print"-type of video (sorry MR/JS) for C1. I like learning from various sources and always feel that in any tutorial I pick-up something worth the price of admission (one tip is worth it to me). Sometimes it's just a reminder of something I'd been skipping, or reinforcement of a concept. It beats watching TV. ;)

To be clear, I don't want to use C1 for finished output, and will continue to pass all files off to PS for several reasons. So a VDO for improving C1 skills to the point of handing-off to PS would be great.

(And if the VDO were to continue on to finishing in CS and to print, please don't make it Epson-centric! I hate it when people think that Epson is the only printer out there and gear the guidance to "360 ppi", etc., etc. If printing is included, the discussion should be broader and brand agnostic IMO. :) )