The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One question

durrIII

How do you rename..resize...and save an image in Cap One? I adjusted and processed, but cannot figure out what to do with the adjusted file. Any help please? Thanks

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Once adjusted to taste, you then process it (cmd+D). To set profiles, formats and sizes you do that in the output and recipes tab (single gear icon tab) and you'll get one version of each file output for every recipe you have activated by a check-mark. Note that in the output tab you can also choose output location and select different output locations per recipe under "advanced." You have multiple naming options with the "Output Naming" tool.

So for example I usually use 2 recipes. One that puts my 16-bit prophotoRGB tiffs into the standard session output folder, then I've usually created another session sub-folder labelled "jpegs" and have the second recipe output a 1200 pixel max dimension sRGB jpeg version to that sub-folder at the same time. In some cases I'll activate a 3rd recipe which is an 8-bit AdobeRGB tiff, basically as a smaller, more efficient version of the 16-bit prophoto tiff for clients that want it. Here I'll add a "special" output folder to the session folder and place these images in that.

Hope that helps,