The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase one - Panasonic raw ?

Peter Leyenaar

Hello,

I downloaded the trial version of Capture one V5, nice program , detailed,
however, it didn't appear to support Panasonic raw files.

Am I doing something wrong ?

The Phase One website is very general in the description of supported cameras, no mention of Panasonic however.

Emailing them requires to sign up with yet another user name and password, as though I haven't enough of those.

Can someone please comment

I do have LR3 Beta and Aperture

Best Regards

Peter

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
sure

1) exiftool(-k).exe -make="LEICA" -model="D-LUX 4" *.rw2

and

2) then when in C1 you can select the Panasonic G1 profile that is shipped w/ C1V5

you are all set
BTW that G1 profile says internally that it is for a Leica D-LUX 4
I did this, but didn't feel that patching the files was all that good an idea to recommend given the proclivity of complex systems toward unintended consequences, certainly without making a backup.
-bob

I did this, but didn't feel that patching the files was all that good an idea to recommend given the proclivity of complex systems toward unintended consequences, certainly without making a backup.
-bob
exiftool will make a backup automatically w/ that command line... I use that approach for more than a year now... before exiftool started to support writing tags to .rw2 files we were using other tools to patch data directly overwriting certain bytes in .rw2 files... there is a way to patch .dll in C1 distro (to avoid patching the raw files) if you want to, but that might be considered too shady in some jurisdictions.

not only "says" - it is 1:1 byte by byte the same... however there is also a profile for Olympus EP1 which is again officially not supported by current version of C1V5, but profile is there nevertheless...