The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

newbie C 1 workflow automation?

ocarlo

greetings gents,
what with the my video dayjob, going thru the c1 tutorials, and getting used to my P45back and RZ ProIID oddities, I am in info overload.

Could someone pls help me out of this brainlock? I want to shoot portraits to CF card, while tethered to a 17in Macbook Pro for preview...

Is there a way to set up several "recipes", primarily a small printable jpeg, as well as one with a final USM, while keeping my original file untouched - and having these processes run automatically after every shot?

basically, after firing off several shots of a subject, I simply want to open a folder and show them jpg versions of all the takes...
is this automation doable? thanks y'all

thomas

I want to shoot portraits to CF card, while tethered to a 17in Macbook Pro for preview...
it's not possible to shoot to CF card and at the same time tethered to the computer.

Is there a way to set up several "recipes", primarily a small printable jpeg, as well as one with a final USM, while keeping my original file untouched
yes - set the recipes in the output tab; one with sharpening applied, one with sharpening disabled on output.

and having these processes run automatically after every shot?
automatically, no. But you can process a selection of images as "JPEG Quick Proof" and the processing of these quick proofs is fast as hell.
For instances: press cmd+A (to select all images) and cmd+D (to process all images).
note: the size of the quick proof JPGs refers to the preview image size set in the preferences in the "general" tab.

ocarlo

thanks Thomas
its clearer now...I guess I'll just have to amend my preferred workflow,
and shoot straight to the laptop's drive.
then run the jpeg proofs after every subject's turn.
just wanted to clarify that my shooting session involves
photographing ten to 20 people in a row.
cheers,
carlo