Site Sponsors

Thread: C1 colour profiles and MAC help...

Post Thanks / Like

C1 colour profiles and MAC help...

I just got a MAC.... needless to say, I don't know where things are anymore.

I used to have some C1 profiles which help me correct the IR issue when no filters is used on the M8. Can someone tell me:

1) Where do I store the profiles? I am stupid enough that I can't even find the folder location as to where C1 is installed.

2) If someone still have Jamie's IR correction profiles, could you kindly provide me a link?

Thanks a lot!
    Francis

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: C1 colour profiles and MAC help...

Quote Originally Posted by francishmt View Post
    I am stupid enough that I can't even find the folder location as to where C1 is installed.
    C1 is in Macintosh-HD->Applications

1) Where do I store the profiles?
    your custom profiles should be stored here:
    Macintosh-HD->users->your name->library->colorsync->profiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Try this:

Double-click the image on your desktop of the HD containing your OS. In the window that opens, there will be a bunch of icons or a list of contents (depending on how you have your window list view selected). Look for the "Library" folder or icon. Open in and inside, scroll down to to the folder named "Colorsynch". Inside that folder should be another folder labelled "Profiles".

Getting C1 to find them is either automatic or should be fairly easy. I'm on glass of wine number two and so leave that one to you to figure out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    your custom profiles should be stored here:
    Macintosh-HD->users->your name->library->colorsync->profiles
    Thanks, but under Macintosh-HD->users->your name->library->, i don't see "colorsync" folder.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by francishmt View Post
    Thanks, but under Macintosh-HD->users->your name->library->, i don't see "colorsync" folder.
    hmh, maybe it will be created automatically when you are storing a profile.
    workaround: open c1, go to the color editor, edit a color, safe the adjustments as profile (not as preset!). i guess the folder will be created then...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Thomas. I really wanted to avoid building my own profile in colour editor if at all possible. There must be some way to recognize the profile in C1. So far, I can find:

1) Macintosh-HD->Library->ColorSync->Profiles and stored them in there. However, C1 didn't recognize it.

2) Macintosh-HD->System->Library->ColorSync->Profiles and stored them in there. However, C1 didn't recognize it either.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay. Stupid me. Guess I need to restart C1 after copying the profiles into the folder. Everytime I thought I closed C1, I actually didn't. It simply hides it in MAC. Lesson learnt. Thanks everyone for the help.