The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One 4->5 (non pro): Worth it?

Peter Klein

Now that C1 v. 5 has been out for a while, could anyone summarize the benefits to paying the $100 upgrade for the non-Pro version?

I have an M8, have been reasonably happy with C1 4.8.1.

I read here that the Pro version has some better image processing and noise handling for ISO 640-1250. Is this true for the standard version as well?

I have a 7 year old computer running XP, maxed out at 1 gig RAM. I will probably upgrade to a new one with Windows 7 sometime next year. Is v. 5 slower than 4--enough that I should perhaps wait until the new computer?

Every so often I think about getting the Pro version, but the only thing I've really missed in v.4 is the ability to store and recall different process recipies.

--Peter

S

selsoe

Capture One and Capture One PRO have the same processing engine so the improvements in that respect applies to both versions.

If you do the same work in 4 and 5 I don't think you should see any serious speed setbacks - depending on what you could see speed improvements.

You can download a 30 day free trial of 5.